Phase 2 of the Fastershire rollout of faster broadband across Herefordshire and Gloucestershire will be based around four areas (area 1, 2, 3(A-E) & 4) and will comprise of premises that were not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout.
Each area will go through its own consultation and procurement process to secure a supplier to carry out the deployment.
Updates for each area can be found below:
Phase 2 Areas
All information, including forecast dates, is indicative only. Forecast dates may move forwards as well as backwards.
- Area 1: The Cotswolds, comprising premises in milestone area 5 not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 2: The Forest of Dean, comprising premises in milestone area 2 not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3A: Cheltenham and Gloucester not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3B: Hereford not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3C: South Herefordshire and Gloucestershire (west of the Severn) not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3D: North Gloucestershire not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3E: South Gloucestershire not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 4: Comprising premises remaining in north Herefordshire milestone area’s not covered by phase 1 or commercial rollout
Area 1: Cotswolds
Gigaclear was awarded the contract to deliver phase 2 in the Cotswolds in summer 2015. The first digging for our delivery of ultrafast Fibre-to-the-Premises to parts of the Cotswolds began in October 2015.
Delivery in the Cotswolds is well underway and to date Gigaclear are half way towards the target of 6,500 premises and is expected to complete by summer 2017
Look out for postcards to all addresses which will benefit from this phase of the project. You can also use the Gigaclear line checker to see if your premise is part of this rollout, please click here.
Covers areas of Andoversford, Bibury, Bourton On The Water, Cirencester, Coberley, Coln St.Aldwyn, Cricklade, Fairford, Fossebridge, Guiting Power, Kemble, Kempsford, Lechlade, Miserden, North Cerney, Northleach, Poulton, South Cerney, Southrop, Stow-On-The-Wold, Windrush and Withington not upgraded to faster broadband in Phase 1.
Please note: If you are not part of this rollout in the Cotswolds, and you did not benefit from Phase 1 or commercial rollout then your address will be considered as part of the Phase 2 rollout across the rest of the county. More details about future plans are available on our Strategy page.
Please note: The phasing and sequence of this rollout is subject to change, and this schedule will be updated to reflect any alterations.
Area 2: Forest of Dean
We have awarded a contract to Gigaclear to deliver the phase 2 rollout in parts of the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire and the Golden Valley in Herefordshire not upgraded to faster broadband in Phase 1.
Deployment is expected to start in July 2017.
Area 3(A-E) & 4: The rest of the Gloucestershire and Herefordshire
Area 3A-B (Cheltenham and Gloucester) and area 3B (Hereford)
The procurement process for these areas has closed and we hope to award the contact shortly.
We will publish details of the deployment when the contact has been signed.
Area 3(C-E) & 4: The rest of the Gloucestershire and Herefordshire
We have awarded a contract to Gigaclear to deliver the phase two rollout in these areas not upgraded to faster broadband in Phase 1.
- Area 3C (South Herefordshire) - July 2017
- Area 3D (North Gloucestershire) - September 2017
- Area 3E (South Gloucestershire) - June 2018
- Area 4 (North Herefordshire) - TBC
To find out if your property is included in this next phase of rollout please use our address checker at the top of the page.