Phase 2 of the Fastershire rollout of faster broadband across Herefordshire and Gloucestershire will be based around four areas (area 1, 2, 3(A-E) & 4) and will comprise of premises that were not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout.
Each area will go through its own consultation and procurement process to secure a supplier to carry out the deployment.
Updates for each area can be found below:
Phase 2 Areas
All information, including forecast dates, is indicative only. Forecast dates may move forwards as well as backwards.
- Area 1: The Cotswolds, comprising premises in milestone area 5 not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 2: The Forest of Dean, comprising premises in milestone area 2 not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3A: Cheltenham and Gloucester not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3B: Hereford not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3C: South Herefordshire and Gloucestershire (west of the Severn) not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3D: North Gloucestershire not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 3E: South Gloucestershire not covered by Phase 1 or commercial rollout
- Area 4: Comprising premises remaining in north Herefordshire milestone area’s not covered by phase 1 or commercial rollout
Area 1: Cotswolds
Gigaclear was awarded the contract to deliver phase 2 in the Cotswolds in summer 2015. The first digging for our delivery of ultrafast Fibre-to-the-Premises to parts of the Cotswolds began in October 2015.
Delivery in the Cotswolds is well underway and to date Gigaclear are half way towards the target of 6,500 premises and is expected to complete by summer 2017
Look out for postcards to all addresses which will benefit from this phase of the project. You can also use the Gigaclear line checker to see if your premise is part of this rollout, please click here.
Covers areas of Andoversford, Bibury, Bourton On The Water, Cirencester, Coberley, Coln St.Aldwyn, Cricklade, Fairford, Fossebridge, Guiting Power, Kemble, Kempsford, Lechlade, Miserden, North Cerney, Northleach, Poulton, South Cerney, Southrop, Stow-On-The-Wold, Windrush and Withington not upgraded to faster broadband in Phase 1.
Please note: If you are not part of this rollout in the Cotswolds, and you did not benefit from Phase 1 or commercial rollout then your address will be considered as part of the Phase 2 rollout across the rest of the county. More details about future plans are available on our Strategy page.
Please note: The phasing and sequence of this rollout is subject to change, and this schedule will be updated to reflect any alterations.
Area 2: Forest of Dean
The procurement process to secure a supplier to deliver phase 2 in the Forest of Dean launched on Monday 8 August and the deadline for bids was Friday 14 October. We hope to be in contract with the successful supplier by Christmas 2016.
Due to the specific funding procured for this area, suppliers are required to provide ultrafast broadband and it is our aspiration is to contract 100% of the remaining premises, but is dependent on bids received.
In December 2016, Gloucestershire County Council and Herefordshire Council recommended awarding the contract to Gigaclear to deliver phase two of the Fastershire broadband rollout in parts of the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire and the Golden Valley in Herefordshire.
Covers areas of Cinderford, Coleford, Drybrook, Longhope, Lydbrook, St.Briavels and Whitecroft not upgraded to faster broadband in Phase 1
Area 3(A-E) & 4: The rest of the Gloucestershire and Herefordshire
The procurement process to select a supplier to deliver area 3 and 4 launched on Monday 19 September.
The deadline for this was Friday 25 November and it is anticipated that we will sign a contract for these areas by March 2017.
Area 3 has been subdivided into five smaller areas:
- Area 3A: Cheltenham and Gloucester
- Area 3B: Hereford
- Area 3C: South Herefordshire and Gloucestershire (west of the Severn)
- Area 3D: North Gloucestershire
- Area 3E: South Gloucestershire
- Area 4: North Herefordshire