Fastershire Business Broadband Grant
The Business Broadband Grant is designed to help businesses in Herefordshire and Gloucestershire that don’t have access to superfast broadband (30Mbs) and are unsuitable for the Fastershire Community Broadband Grant Scheme.
Eligible businesses can access a grant of up to £20,000 to cover up to 80% of the capital cost of installing faster broadband.
The business premise must:
- Be listed in the Fastershire address data and operate in Herefordshire or Gloucestershire
- Not have access to superfast broadband (30mbps) and are not included in a planned broadband rollout
- Not undertake statutory activities or promote political or religious activities
- Have a balance sheet value of less than £45m
- Have a turnover of less than £39m
- Not have benefited from Central Government Grant funding exceeding £341,000 in a three-year period
How does the scheme work?
Step 1: Businesses that wish to participate need to register at the link below
Step 2: Once approved, the business can complete a request for quotation (RFQ) form, which will be published on our portal for 28 days, to allow suppliers time to respond
Step 3: Once the 28 days have lapsed, the business will be able to view and select their preferred quote
Step 4: Upon receiving an offer letter of conditional approval, the business can instruct suppliers to undertake a survey and build at the supplier’s risk
Step 5: On completion of the work, the business pays the supplier for the work and claims the approved grant amount retrospectively from Fastershire
For more information and to register for the scheme, visit the Fastershire Business Grant website.
To register, click the ‘Business Register’ button and complete the expression of interest form.
Tiger Helicopters - Globally competitive with Fastershire
Fastershire has transformed the broadband services available for communities across Herefordshire and Gloucestershire. See how bringing the UK's fastest fibre network to rural Shobdon is enabling Tiger Helicopters to thrive in the globally competitive world of helicopter pilot and engineer training.