Herefordshire Council’s Digital Strategy ConsultationAs an individual, business or voluntary and community organisation working with Herefordshire residents, Herefordshire Council would like your input to shape the council’s digital strategy and online services.
As an individual, business or voluntary and community organisation working with Herefordshire residents, Herefordshire Council would like your input to shape the council’s digital strategy and online services.
Whilst the council has a digital strategy that runs until 2023 a lot has changed, including:
- The experience of many people during Covid-19 lockdown driving a higher dependency on being on-line for work, learning and social interaction
- The higher expectations of services and activity being on-line
- Need to make sure people are not excluded because they can’t access digital services
- Over 93% of premises in Herefordshire able to access superfast broadband, presenting an opportunity for businesses and households to get better connected
- Changes to technology which mean that digital is becoming more accessible and easy to use.
The digital strategy focuses on how council’s services and functions use technology, but Herefordshire Council also wants to understand:
- How digital services can support residents and businesses
- The expectation of customers using IT to access services
- How the council can use technology to meet changing needs
Therefore Herefordshire Council would love to hear about your experience of using IT, any barriers to being more digital, and what online services would help you.
The survey should take no more than 10 minutes and the deadline is 22 October 2021 – To complete the survey, please click here.
Broadband delivery challenges for parts of Gigaclear's rollout
Over 93% of premises across Herefordshire can now access superfast broadband. However, the rollout of fibre to reach remaining properties in some of the most rural parts of the county is challenging.